REFERRAL PARTNER PROGRAM FAQS
Glad you asked! Emergency communications is our only business and that is by design. Our service helps you bring additional value to your customers via a best in class emergency phone solution with the latest technology, and, in most cases, immediate cost savings to your customer by being able to eliminate costly dedicated phone lines.
Most elevator phones are not the best quality. Is there anything different about what Kings III offers?
We’ve been strategic about how we’ve built our business. Our equipment is built to last. We keep customers for a very long time and the most expensive thing for us to do once we are up and running is to roll a truck. It makes sense for us to build our phones with that in mind.
Our service also includes auto-testing whereby we test the phones for dial tone and power monthly. Plus, remember that if your customers are utilizing our all-inclusive service, we take care of any equipment maintenance, repairs and replacement.
We work directly with customers to keep you from being the middle man and more importantly to ensure we have a direct line to the end user so we can keep up to date emergency call lists, which we customize for all our customer based on their needs.
So glad you asked because there is an extreme difference in our services.
Our dispatchers answer only emergency calls coming from emergency phones. We are NOT an after hours solution for business calls. We take emergency calls only. Did I say we take emergency calls only? This is important for a few reasons but none more worth talking about than our specialized employee training. Our employees are not minimum wage call takers. They are highly trained emergency dispatch operators, receiving a higher level of training than is often required in 911 centers. We view calls outside of these parameters as a distraction to our team and they need to be at the top of their game at all times. The response to an emergency call is vastly different than a typical phone call and the person on the other end makes all the difference.
We service predominantly owners and managers of multifamily and commercial real estate properties. If there is a need for an emergency phone, we are a good fit.
Should I be worried about Kings III enlisting the help of one of my competitors to install or service these elevator phones?
Not at all. We understand the conflict of interest there and if an elevator license is required and our Kings III technician in the area does not have one, we will enlist the help of your team to complete the job. We understand the competitive environment and act accordingly.
We have quite a bit that sets us apart. Here are a few that seem to strike a chord.
- Code Compliance Issues: Answering services not staffed at the necessary level often miss the 45 second call pick up that is required by code.
- On Hold Issues (also code compliant related): When they do pick up, if they put the caller on hold as we have heard is a common occurrence from our colleagues in the elevator world, they are missing the valuable step of retrieving location and elevator cab information, also required by code. The answering of Kings III emergency calls and proper staffing is not an issue. What’s even better is that we do not have loopholes that allow us to miss the location information of a caller. When we install our phones, that customer account is kept in our system with detailed address and elevator cab information that is auto-identified when it rings into the Kings III Dispatch Center. In fact, our operators have location ID and cab automatically served up to them before they even pick up the call. It’s these details that matter.
- Investment in the Elevator Industry. We are invested in the industry. Our CEO is an elevator guy, owning his own California-based elevator company in a prior life and maintaining his Qualified Elevator Inspector (QEI) license. We have a slew of certified elevator mechanics as well and our internal team marries competencies from the elevator industry, central station monitoring, telecommunicatons and security world. What this really means for you is we are well versed in the space and invested in keeping on top of code changes and development needs such as the 2018 IBC Code update for the hearing impaired and the 2019 ASME code change that is set to require the ability to capture an image of the elevator floor and the ability to communicate via text on the elevator panel. . The elevator monitoring world is changing, but you can rest assured we are on top of it – our business relies on it.
We carry a multi-ten million dollar combined liability, Errors & Omissions, and umbrella insurance policies. Upon request, we will name our clients (your customers) as additional insured.
Our call recordings provide invaluable information that confirms how an entrapment call was handled, eliminating the he said, she said in the aftermath. One of the first questions our emergency dispatchers ask the caller is: Are you physically okay? Do you need medical attention?
That’s easy. We help you offer your customers a best in class emergency monitoring solution that helps:
- Increase Safety & Reliability – If you use our phones you know our equipment is reliable. Where we really add value is our monitoring. Medically trained operators handle entrapments daily and can respond in 175+ languages.
- Mitigate Liability Exposure – All calls are digitally recorded, date and time stamped. These are provided to customers upon request and have proven invaluable for heading off potential litigation. We receive at least 5 calls weekly from customers requesting this information to head off an issue.
- Manage Tenant Experience – We respond to callers with the utmost care, staying on the line until help arrives, if requested. We keep customers informed so they can follow up with entrapped parties as they wish.
- Reduce Costs – Our smart line seizure technology eliminates the need for dedicated emergency telephone lines. Your customers aren’t using landlines? We offer cellular solutions as well and have a slew of reasons for why that is the better option. Additionally, your customers can avoid unbudgeted expenses – our phones come with a lifetime warranty with our all-inclusive solution.
Your customers will thank you, trust us! We have nearly 30 years invested and with a consistent 97% customer retention rate are confident in the value we provide.
“Partnering with Kings III couldn’t have been an easier decision for us. Their elevator phone monitoring provides a great value for our customers who love the additional features like call recording and auto-testing. Working with Kings III helps to free up our technician’s time to focus on what we do best- providing expert and reliable elevator maintenance to our customers. It has been a mutually beneficial relationship and one that we plan to keep building.”
– Ryan Coley, Right Way Elevator